- Demonstrate knowledge of the health care delivery system and medical terminology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of infection control and safety.
- Demonstrate understanding of requisitioning, specimen transport and specimen processing.
- Demonstrate understanding of quality assurance and quality control in phlebotomy.
- Communicate (verbally and non verbally) effectively and appropriately in the workplace.
- Following standard operating procedures to collect specimens.
This online continuing education and refresher course is a comprehensive review of beginning to intermediate aspects of phlebotomy. The exam covers anatomy, components of blood, equipment and supplies, blood drawing procedures, specimen identification, and venipucture complications. NPCE ORG is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences through the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® program. Accepted by all nationally recognized phlebotomy certification agencies. All other healthcare professions, check with your credentialing agency.
The NPCE ORG Course is approved for 6 P.A.C.E.® credits.
This course is split into two components:
1. Five hours of phlebotomy education with a study guide (150 pages) and a practice quiz (105 questions).
2. Fifty question final exam.
The final exam portion of the course can be completed entirely online. After you review all the essential information needed with the study guide, you can proceed and take the online exam. You can work on the coursework at your own pace, but the entire course (study guide and final exam) must be completed within 90 days. You can elect to complete the final exam first and review the study guide to further your education at a later date.
CALIFORNIA APPROVED COURSE
The cost of the course is $79.99 for a 2 year period, that’s only $39 per year which includes:
- 150 Page Phlebotomy Study Guide
- 105 Question Practice Exam
- 50 Question Final Exam
- EKG Review
- Record keeping
- Postage and handling
- Certificate of Completion- Digital and Hard Copy
- Renewal Instructions
- Access to NPCE Job Board
*Make sure to read the following prior to taking the exam:
NPCE provides all users with a free online phlebotomy practice exam. Our Continuing Education Exam is P.A.C.E approved and those who pass can elect to be accredited CE hours. There is no charge to take the exam and the results will be emailed to you after the conclusion of the examination. If you successfully pass the exam, you will have the option to receive a valid and fully recognized NPCE CE Certificate. Your NPCE CE certification, like many credentials, will be active for a 2 year period. The fee for you to receive your CE hours is $79.99. Should you be unable to pass the examination, but still choose to get NPCE CE hours a study guide will be emailed to you at no additional cost. You will then be able to study and retake the exam at a later date. To receive NPCE CE hours, you MUST pass the examination.
THIS TEST IS A CONTINUING EDUCATION EXAM FOR PHLEBOTOMIST THAT NEED CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT HOURS TO RENEW PHLEBOTOMY CERTIFICATION.
TO ACCESS THE NPCE PHLEBOTOMY CERTIFICATION WEBSITE PLEASE CLICK HERE.